Prudential Personal Pension
Your Prudential Personal Pension offers a tax-efficient, and flexible way to help save towards your retirement.
And with average life expectancy increasing, saving in a pension and topping it up is a great way to help build up a larger fund for when you retire. Read about the benefits of topping up.
- Tax-efficient saving* - the Prudential Personal Pension qualifies for tax relief, just like other pension plans, and you can take a tax-free cash lump sum on retirement. Read more about the tax benefits. Pensions in payment are taxed as earned income.
- Flexibility - you can increase, decrease or stop and start payments at any time without penalty. Note that charges will continue to be deducted and that any changes to your contributions will impact on your benefits at retirement.
- Competitively priced - annual charges are currently about 1% of the total fund, depending on the funds you choose. Please note that charges may vary in future.
- Range of funds - Your pension contributions can be invested in a choice of funds. The funds actually available to you may depend on the particular scheme you join. Note that the value of your fund may fluctuate and you may not get back your original investment.
- Switch funds at any time with no switching charge. However, a Market Value Reduction may apply for investments in the With-Profits Fund, and this would have the effect of reducing your fund.
- Lifestyle options - rather than you making decisions about when to move to lower risk investments, your money can automatically be moved to less risky investments as you approach your intended retirement date.
*The above is based on our understanding, as of February 2012, of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which are liable to change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax relief depends on individual circumstances).
Prudential is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.