New to offshore?
Prudential International is based in Dublin, and it’s from here that we offer flexible and innovative offshore products that can help with a wide range of needs.
Due to our Dublin base, investments with Prudential International grow largely free from tax which can result in a potentially higher return than investments in UK-based funds.
Offshore products are perhaps most commonly thought of as offering tax advantages for higher rate tax payers and they do, but there are also a number of other aspects that make them attractive for a wide range of customers.
Offshore is a common term that is used to describe a range of locations where companies can offer customers growth on their funds that is largely free from tax. This includes "true offshore" locations such as the Channel Islands and Isle of Man, and other locations such as Dublin - where Prudential International is registered. Tax treatment can vary from one type of investment to another, and from one market to another.
Is it right for me?
You could benefit from investing with us if you are:
- Looking for long-term growth potential.
- A higher or additional rate taxpayer likely to become a basic rate taxpayer in the future.
- Self-employed, a UK resident expatriate or a trustee.
- Looking to move to another country in the future - although you don't have to live abroad to benefit.
We've developed the following products to help with a wide range of financial planning needs, including investment and inheritance tax planning.
Life & Capital Redemption Bonds
Prudential International Investment Bond
- Medium to long term investment which offers the tax advantages of a Dublin-based bond combined with a range of selected funds.
- Minimum initial investment of £20,000. Top-up facility of £15,000.
- A wide choice of risk-graded funds from Prudential and other leading fund managers, including five Dynamic Portfolios, three Prudential Assurance Company (PAC) With-Profits Funds, the PruFund Range of Funds, Prudential's Multi-Asset Fund Range and Additional Fund Choice. Find out more about the latest PruFund Expected Growth Rates.
- Funds denominated in euro and US dollars as well as sterling, so you can choose which currency best suits you.
- Tax-efficient and flexible withdrawals
- Annual investment reward for larger premiums
Prudential International Investment Portfolio
- Minimum initial investment of £50,000. The minimum top-up facility of £5,000.
- The Portfolio Account is an offshore portfolio investment that gives you a very wide choice of funds, many on preferential terms, combined with tax-efficiency.
- The opportunity to select from over 2,500 funds from the Full Market Fund Choice, the PruSelect fund range and five Dynamic Portfolios.
- Preferential terms on a large number of funds, which help to add value.
- The facility to appoint a professional fund adviser or a discretionary asset manager.
- A choice of investment currencies, to suit your particular circumstances.
Please note that the value of your fund may fluctuate and you may not get back your original investment.
Changes in the rates of exchange between currencies may cause your investment to go up or down.
This is based on our understanding, as at September 2014, of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which may change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax relief) depends on individual circumstances.
Review your investment
Speak to your financial adviser to:
- top up, change investment funds, make withdrawals, make any changes, or find out more about your bond.
Contact us for more information:
- call + 353 1 476 5000. The opening hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Calls may be monitored or recorded for quality, staff training, dispute resolution and/or security purposes. Calls will be charged at your international call rate.
- send us a secure email or,
- write to us at Prudential International Assurance plc, Montague House, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2, Ireland.
We send you regular statements but you can also request a fund valuation online.
Looking for more information?
Please find more details in the below guides or speak to your financial adviser.