Changing the investments in your plan
If you’re considering changing the funds your plan is invested in, we’ll be happy to help. It's important to note that you can't cancel a switch instruction once it's been given, however you can give subsequent instructions. Please be sure you understand all your options, and the effect of any changes you make. There are a few things you and any other plan owner should think about before you make any decisions.
If you have any questions once you’ve read this summary, or need any help understanding your options - just call us on 0345 640 1000 or +44 178 644 8844 if you’re calling from abroad.
How an investment bond works
An investment bond is a lump sum investment intended to be held over the medium to long-term which invests in a range of funds. Bonds are usually split into a number of segments, which gives you options when you want to access your cash.
The value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount that you put in.
Your investment choice
We can discuss where your money is currently invested, and your choices, if you call.
Where you have a choice of funds you can switch some or all of your money between funds at any time, however there may be a limit to the number of switches you can make, or the number of funds you invest in.
Things to consider before making your decision
- Your thoughts on,
- balancing investment risk and reward.
- your level of investment knowledge.
- how long you intend to remain invested may influence your fund selection.
- Switching out of the With-Profits Fund could result in a market value reduction causing the amount switched from the fund to be reduced.
- There may be a charge to switch funds.
- Charges may differ between funds.
- Timing: some switches are actioned straight away, others may take place 28 days after we receive your instruction.
- Possible delays: in exceptional circumstances your switch instruction could be delayed by up to six months. We'll let you know if this applies to you.
Protecting yourself from investment scams
According to Action Fraud, the UK’s fraud and internet crime reporting centre, an estimated £1.2bn is lost to investment scams every year. So if you’re thinking of reinvesting the money from your plan, take a minute to find out how to stay ahead of the scammers.
What to do now
Give us a call on 0345 640 1000 or +44 178 644 8844 if you’re calling from abroad. We can’t give you advice or make your decision for you, but we’ll be happy to help you understand your plan and talk you through all your available options and their possible implications.
Alternatively, speak with a financial adviser - if you don’t have one, you can get details of financial advisers in your area from www.pru.co.uk and selecting ‘Contact a Financial Adviser’. Financial advisers will charge you a fee for any advice they give you, but it will be personal to you.
We’re here 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday and happy to help in any way we can. Please make sure you have your plan number to hand when you call.