We’re committed to making sure that all of our customers can contact us using a method that’s convenient to them.
If you're a Deaf customer, who is also a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can now contact us using a Video Relay service. The service, provided by SignVideo, connects you to fully qualified, registered NRCPD (National Register of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People) interpreters who will relay your conversation with a member of our customer service team.
There is no cost for using this service to call Prudential and we’re available to help you Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
If you have already set up SignVideo on your device, click on the logo below to connect to a registered interpreter.
Alternatively, before you start using SignVideo to contact us, here's some bits of information to help you get set up. If you want to know more about using BSL through SignVideo, this BSL video will help explain how the service works.
Before you start, check that your system is up to date
The service will work as long as your system meets these basic requirements:
- iOS devices (8 or upwards), many Android devices (4.4 upwards), PC (i3 or above) or Apple Mac
- Microsoft Edge, Chrome or Firefox (for Windows), Safari for Mac
- Webcam (plugged in or built in)
- Excellent internet speed - at least 1mbps upload and 1mbps download (more is recommended).
If this is your first time using SignVideo, you’ll need to download a ‘Live plug-in’. You’ll only need to do this once and this will make sure that the video quality is good and your calls are secure.
How to start using SignVideo
- Before you contact us, please have your policy number handy as this will help us answer your questions for your product. Your policy number can be found on your latest annual statement, or on any other communications you've received from us.
- Click on the SignVideo image button – this will securely connect you to a SignVideo interpreter and you can let them know you wish to speak to Prudential.
Some helpful tips
- We’ll never ask you for any passwords that you may have set up so please don’t provide this to your interpreter.
- We may monitor or record the calls between us and your interpreter to help us improve our service and for security purposes.