Notify us of a death
We understand that you may be going through a difficult and worrying time and want to make dealing with us as simple as possible. Our dedicated team are here to guide you throughout.
What should I do?
To notify us of the death of a Prudential policy holder, give us on call on 0800 000 000. We’re available from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Say a few words about why you’re calling, to ‘notify us of a death’, and you’ll be passed to the right person to help you.
What will I need?
Have the following information to hand when you call:
- The full name, address and date of birth of the deceased.
- Their policy number(s) – this should be on their documents, but don’t worry if you don’t have them.
- The date and cause of death.
This additional information might also be of help when you call:
- Did the deceased leave a Will?
- Who was named as the executor?
- Who are the next of kin?
What happens next?
Our bereavement team will advise what will happen next and when you can expect to hear from us again.
Normally we will need to see a death certificate, but we can talk you through this and anything else when you call.
8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday0800 calls are free from BT landlines and can vary from other providers.