Additional Voluntary Contributions
As a member of our Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVC) scheme you're able to supplement your company pension to help boost your income in retirement.
And with average life expectancy increasing, saving in a pension and topping it up is a great way to help build up a larger fund for when you retire. Read more on the benefits of topping up.
What you may be looking to do:
- Change the funds your plan's invested in.
- Change the amount of money you pay into your plan.
- Stop paying into your plan.
- Move your money to a different plan.
- Take the money you've saved in your plan.
If you’re considering any of these, please look at the links at the bottom of this page.
Read about the features of your AVC plan
- *Tax-efficient - AVC's qualify for tax relief, and you can take a tax-free lump sum on taking your benefits. The pension in payment is taxed as earned income. See the tax benefits of saving in a pension.
- Additional benefits - you may be able to buy additional pension benefits although you'll need to check with your main scheme to find out more.
- Portable - you can transfer your AVCs to a new employer - although you'll need to check with your main scheme to find out more.
- Flexible - you can vary, stop and start, and make regular and/or lump sum payments at any time. Note that charges will still be applied and deducted, and that any changes to your contributions will impact on your benefits at retirement.
- Range of funds - your pension contributions can be invested in a choice of funds. The funds available to you will depend on the particular scheme you join. Note that the value of your fund can go down as well as up and you may not get back your original investment.
Review your AVC plan
By accessing your AVC plan online you may be able to manage your enquiry yourself.
You can see a valuation of your funds, change the funds you invest in, increase your contributions, view key documents online, request changes to personal details and send us secure messages.
Public sector workplace AVC
If you are a member of a public sector AVC scheme please visit your scheme website below.
Alternatively you can call us on 0345 600 0343**.
If you are a member of a company that has a Group AVC plan with Prudential, please visit the GAVC scheme website.
Alternatively you can call us on 0345 600 0383**.
Please visit our employer section of the website.
* The above is based on our current understanding of taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which are liable to change without notice. The impact of taxation (any tax relief) depends on individual circumstances.
** Lines are open Mon-Fri 8.30am-6pm, calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.