Prudential Annuities customer information
Thanks for choosing us to provide your annuity - you're alongside more than one million people around the UK who also have their annuity with us.
Here's some questions that we get asked by customers who have taken out their annuity. If you have an Income Choice Annuity please see your Key Features Document which you were given at the time of purchase.
If you still have a question that's not covered or need to make changes, simply contact us via the contact options shown below.
Separately, you may wish to read more about our current review of annuities sold without advice to Prudential contract-based defined contribution pension customers after July 2008.
The key features document for the Prudential Guaranteed Purchase Annuity is a good point of reference for further information.
Other useful documents are listed below:
- A guide to your Prudential Annuity
- Bonus Dec 2017 Income Choice Annuity Smoothed Return Flyer
No. The Government has announced that they've cancelled their plans to allow people to sell their annuities.
This was due to start from April 2017. You can read more here.
If you have an annuity with us, we’ll continue to pay your income as normal.
This will depend on the choices you made such as:
- Your annuity start date
- When you wish to be paid (monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly)
- Whether you are paid in advance or in arrears
Further information on this can be found in your quote or plan documents.
There are two options available for your income to be paid to you:
- directly into a UK based bank or building society account in your name (either solely or jointly).
- into an overseas account in your name. We can make payments in Sterling and in foreign currencies to overseas banks. This option covers the EU as well as many other countries worldwide. Please note: changes in the rates of exchange between currencies can cause your income to go down or up. Your bank may also charge if we pay you this way.
If your bank/building society or address details have changed, you can get in touch with us using any of the contact options shown below. We'll also let you know if we need you to complete any additional forms in order to update our records.
If your personal details have changed you can update this yourself by accessing MyPru. If you have not yet registered for MyPru registration only takes a few minutes, remember to have your annuity reference number to hand - register for MyPru.
If you are looking to change your name or marital status you will need to write to us with the following:
- Your annuity reference number, your previous name, your new name and your new signature.
- Your original Marriage Certificate, Deed Poll or Decree Absolute (this will be returned to you straight away).
You don't need to do anything in this instance. HM Revenue & Customs will notify us of the change when they issue the new code to you.
If your annuity income is due to change, we'll notify you in advance of this happening. If you've not received this notification or weren't expecting any change in income, please get in contact with us.
Get in touch with us using any of the contact options on our contact us page and we'll send you a letter containing all of the information on your P60.
Alternatively, we'll send you your end of year tax certificate by 31 May each year, in line with HM Revenue & Customs requirements.
If you need to notify us of a bereavement, please get in touch with us using any of the contact options on our contact us page.
We'll ask for several pieces of information, which will help establish if any further benefits are due. Please have the following information to hand when you call us:
- The deceased's full name, date of birth and address.
- The deceased's exact date of death.
- If available, the deceased's annuity reference number(s).
- Your full name, date of birth, address & your relationship to the deceased.*
- If applicable (and if different from above), the spouse/civil partner/partner's full name, date of birth, address, national insurance number and bank details (sorting code & account number).
* If you are the executor/ personal representative of the estate, we will need you to confirm the information above.
If you are not the legal spouse/civil partner/partner of the deceased and they have left one, we will have to gain authority from the legal spouse/civil partner/partner, for you to be able to represent them. If the spouse/civil partner/partner is present with you when you call us, we can talk to them very briefly to establish they are happy with you representing them.
What happens next
Once we have all this information, we may ask you to send us the original Death Certificate (not a copy), which will be returned to you straight away (see address below). We will then process the Bereavement and will contact you regarding the annuity/annuities.
Death Notifications and Written Authorities can be sent to us at: Annuities Bereavements, Prudential, Lancing, BN15 8GB.
Your Income Choice Annuity is linked to the performance of our With-Profits Fund. Other factors are also taken into account when working out your income. For more information about our With-Profits fund please go to our website: www.pru.co.uk/funds/ppfm/
We review your income each year and may change it on your policy anniversary. For more information please go to our website www.pru.co.uk/funds/ppfm/
You can switch your Income Choice Annuity to a Guaranteed Pension Annuity at any policy anniversary. Once you switch, you can't change back and your income may be higher or lower than the income you are receiving through the Income Choice Annuity, so you need to think about this carefully.
If you have an annuity that increases at a fixed rate or in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI), we review your income each year and may change it on your policy anniversary. Further information on this is available in the Key Features of the Prudential Guaranteed Purchase Annuity document.
You can't change the Guaranteed Pension Annuity to an Income Choice Annuity.
By accessing MyPru, our secure online portal, you may be able to manage your product enquiry yourself or alternatively send us a secure email to deal with your product query.
Within MyPru you can check the value of your policy, change bank details, change personal details, view key documents online and send us secure messages.
If you have not yet registered for MyPru registration only takes a few minutes - register for MyPru.
Monday to Friday, 8:30am-6pm
Calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.
'(Please quote ECOM)
Please note we are currently experiencing high call volumes. We apologise for any delays.'
Annuities Contact Centre,
Please remember to have your annuity reference number to hand if you call us, for registering for MyPru and quote this on all written correspondence.