Free Standing Additional Voluntary Contributions (FSAVC)
As a member of a company pension scheme, FSAVCs allow you to make additional voluntary contributions separately of any pension provided by your employer.
Average life expectancy is increasing so saving in a pension - and topping it up - is a prudent way of helping to fund the lifestyle you want in retirement. Read more about the benefits of topping up.
What you may be looking to do:
- Change the funds your plan's invested in.
- Change the amount of money you pay into your plan.
- Stop paying into your plan.
- Move your money to a different plan.
- Take the money you've saved in your plan.
Read about the features of your FSAVC Plan
- Tax-efficient saving* - FSAVCs qualify for tax relief and you can take a tax-free cash lump sum on retirement. Read more about the tax benefits. Please note that pensions in payment are taxed as earned income.
- Flexibility - you can vary, stop and start, and make regular and/or lump sum payments at any time, even if you change jobs. Note that charges will still be applied and deducted and that any changes to your contributions will impact on your benefits at retirement.
- Range of funds - your pension contributions can be invested in a choice of funds. The funds you can choose from may vary depending on what funds are actually available at the time. Note that the value of your fund may fluctuate and you may not get back your original investment.
Review your FSAVC
For more information about topping up your plan, changing your contribution levels, or for any questions:
You can send us a secure message online anytime
Or call us on 0345 640 2000 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm), calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.
Read more about your FSAVC scheme:
*The above is based on our understanding, of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which are liable to change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax relief depends on individual circumstances).