Free Standing Additional Voluntary Contributions (FSAVC)
As a member of a company pension scheme, FSAVCs allow you to make additional voluntary contributions separately of any pension provided by your employer.
What you may be looking to do:
- Change the funds your plan's invested in.
- Change the amount of money you pay into your plan.
- Stop paying into your plan.
- Move your money to a different plan.
- Take the money you've saved in your plan.
If you’re considering any of these, please look at the links at the bottom of this page.
Remember, if you're thinking of making changes to your plan, or paying in more money, it's really important you speak to a financial adviser. They can help you understand if what you want to do is right for you and your aims and circumstances, that may have changed since you took your plan out. They'll be responsible for the advice they give and you'll also have protection from the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Regardless of whether you’ve taken advice, you can refer any matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service for consideration should you feel that you haven't been treated fairly, or for any other aspect under the Financial Ombudsman Services remit.
Read about the features of your FSAVC Plan
- Tax-efficient saving* - FSAVCs qualify for tax relief and you can take a tax-free cash lump sum on retirement. Read more about the tax benefits. Please note that pensions in payment are taxed as earned income.
- Flexibility - you can vary, stop and start, and make regular and/or lump sum payments at any time, even if you change jobs. Note that charges will still be applied and deducted and that any changes to your contributions will impact on your benefits at retirement.
- Range of funds - your pension contributions can be invested in a choice of funds. The funds you can choose from may vary depending on what funds are actually available at the time.
The value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount you put in.
Review your FSAVC
By accessing MyPru, our secure online portal, you may be able to manage your enquiry yourself or alternatively send us a secure email to deal with your product query.
Within MyPru you can check the value of your policy, change personal details, view key documents online and send us secure messages.
If you have not yet registered for MyPru registration only takes a few minutes - register for MyPru.
Alternatively you can call us on 0345 640 2000 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm), calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.
Read more about your FSAVC scheme:
*This is based on current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice which can change in the future. The impact of tax and any tax relief will depend on your individual circumstances.