PruFund Investment Plan
The PruFund Investment Plan is a single premium investment plan.
You can take out up to 5% of your investment each year from your plan for up to 20 years - free from any immediate income tax liability.
The initial PruFund Investment Plan issued 14/09/2004 - 22/02/2010 is no longer open to new or top up business but if you have an existing plan, it still has the following benefits.
What you may be looking to do
- Take a lump sum from your plan.
- Make regular cash withdrawals.
- Change the funds your plan's invested in.
- Access to Prudential's fund management expertise through the PruFund Growth Fund and PruFund Growth & Income Fund.
- A unique smoothing formula that aims to provide more stable returns.
- Your bond has a valuable tax benefit. You can take out up to 5% of your investment each year from your plan for up to 20 years - free from any immediate income tax liability. There may however be additional tax liability when you cash in your plan. This is based on our understanding of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which are liable to change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax reliefs) depends on individual circumstances.
- Limited amount of life cover.
For more information about your plan read your brochure or read your key features.
What will I get back?
This depends on many things including investment performance, which can go down as well as up, any withdrawals, features you choose and any tax liability that may apply. There is a chance that you may not get back the amount you put in.
PruFund Investment Plan - PruFund range of funds
Our dedicated page on the PruFund range of funds gives you information including how our smoothing process works, access to both historic and current Expected Growth Rates (EGRs) and details of any historic Unit Price Adjustments (UPA).
Review your PruFund Investment Plan
By accessing MyPru, our secure online portal, you may be able to manage your enquiry yourself or alternately send us a secure email to deal with your query.
Within MyPru you can check the value of your policy, change personal details, view key documents and send us secure messages.
If you have not registered for MyPru registration only takes a few minutes, remember to have your policy number to hand - register for MyPru.
We send you a statement each year, but you can also access an up-to date valuation at any time on MyPru.