Prudential Savings Account
The Prudential Savings Account is a type of with-profits investment plan. Although it was withdrawn some time ago and replaced by Prudential Investment Bond, you can still top-up your account.
What you may be looking to do:
- Take a lump sum from your plan.
- Make regular cash withdrawals.
- Stop making payments into your plan.
If you’re considering any of these, please look at the links at the bottom of this page.
You can top-up your regular savings by as little as £20 each month, provided this brings your regular premiums to a minimum of £50 each month.
You can also top-up with single premiums. This is subject to a minimum of £300 each time for topping up. Please note that the value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount you put in.
To top-up simply read the Key Features, fill in the Prudential Savings Account & Child's Account Application Form at the bottom of the page, and send it to us at Prudential, Lancing, BN15 8GB. Or call us on 0345 640 2000 , our lines are open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.
The Key Features document provides you with important information regarding the key risks and benefits of the product to help you make a decision.
If you are unsure of whether to top-up your product or not, please seek financial advice.
Decreasing or stopping your premiums
You can also decrease your regular savings, if you need to, as long as they don't fall below our minimum premium requirements. Or you could take a savings break. To decrease or stop your premiums, simply give us a call on 0345 640 2000 and we can talk you through the process.
Your account may include the following benefits:
- Critical Illness / Temporary Life Cover - these are considered to be separate policies held under the same account number.
- You are free to withdraw money at any time should you need to. Note that certain withdrawals could be subject to charges and a Market Value Reduction may be applied. Any withdrawal will have the effect of reducing your fund value.
- Invested in our With-Profits Fund - you can view the latest With-Profits Bonus Declaration.
- Smoothed returns to help protect against some of the extreme ups and downs of short-term investment performance. We aim to deliver steady fund performance over the medium to long-term (5-10 years or more).
- Withdrawals, equivalent of 5% each year of the premiums, can be taken without creating an immediate tax liability. You also do not pay basic rate income tax or capital gains tax on profit from the bond. Note that there may be tax liabilities depending on your circumstances if you withdraw more than this and when you cash in your policy. Read more about investments and taxation.
This is based on our understanding, of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which are liable to change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax reliefs) depends on individual circumstances.
What will I get back?
You’ll get back the value of your bond when you decide to fully cash it in. There’s no guaranteed amount. The amount you’ll get will depend on:
- the amount that has been paid into your bond;
- how long each of these amounts have been invested;
- any bonuses we’ve added to your bond;
- the amount and timing of our charges, including any Early Cash-In or Withdrawal Charges we may apply;
- any withdrawals you’ve taken;
- any Market Value Reduction that we may apply to the value of your bond.
Review your Prudential Savings Account
By accessing MyPru, our secure online portal, you may be able to manage your enquiry yourself or alternately send us a secure email to deal with your query.
Within MyPru you can check the value of your policy, change personal details, view key documents and send us secure messages.
If you have not registered for MyPru registration only takes a few minutes, remember to have your policy number to hand - register for MyPru.
Alternatively, or for more information on making withdrawals or topping-up, you can call us on 0345 640 2000 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm), calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.
We send you a statement each year, but you can also access an up-to date valuation at any time on MyPru.