Prudential Savings Account
The Prudential Savings Account is a type of with-profits investment plan. Although it was withdrawn some time ago and replaced by Prudential Investment Bond, you can still top up your account.
What you may be looking to do
You can top up your regular savings by as little as £20 each month, provided this brings your regular premiums to a minimum of £50 each month.
You can also decrease your regular savings, if you need to, as long as they don't fall below our minimum premium requirements, or you could take a savings break.
You can also top-up with single premiums. This is subject to a minimum of £300 each time for topping up.
To top up simply read the Key Features, fill in the top-up application form and send it to us at Prudential, Lancing, BN15 8GB. Or call us on 0345 640 2000 , our lines are open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.
The Key Features document provides you with important information regarding the key risks and benefits of the product to help you make a decision.
Prudential have not given advice on this product. So if you are unsure of the suitability of the product, please seek financial advice.
Your account may include the following benefits:
- Critical Illness / Temporary Life Cover - these are considered to be separate policies held under the same account number.
- You are free to withdraw money at any time should you need to. Note that certain withdrawals could be subject to charges and a Market Value Reduction may be applied. Any withdrawal will have the effect of reducing your fund value.
- Invested in our With-Profits Fund - you can view the latest With-Profits Bonus Declaration.
- Smoothed returns to help protect against some of the extreme ups and downs of short-term investment performance. We aim to deliver steady fund performance over the medium to long-term.
- Withdrawals, equivalent of 5% each year of the premiums, can be taken without creating an immediate tax liability. You also do not pay basic rate income tax or capital gains tax on profit from the bond. Note that there may be tax liabilities depending on your circumstances if you withdraw more than this and when you cash in your policy. Read more about investments and taxation.
This is based on our understanding, of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which are liable to change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax reliefs) depends on individual circumstances.
What will I get back?
What you might get back will depend mainly on the With-Profits Fund investment performance while your money was invested, how we distribute any profits from the With-Profits Fund, our charges and costs, smoothing and any tax liability as well as other factors. Please note that the value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount you put in.
Review your Prudential Savings Account
By accessing MyPru, our secure online portal, you may be able to manage your enquiry yourself or alternately send us a secure email to deal with your query.
Within MyPru you can check the value of your policy, change personal details, view key documents and send us secure messages.
If you have not registered for MyPru registration only takes a few minutes, remember to have your policy number to hand - register for MyPru.
Alternatively, or for more information on making withdrawals, you can call us on 0345 640 2000 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm), calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.
We send you a statement each year, but you can also access an up-to date valuation at any time on MyPru.