Your stakeholder pension is a flexible and tax-efficient way of saving for retirement.
And with average life expectancy increasing, saving in a pension and topping it up is a great way to help build up a larger fund for when you retire. Read about the benefits of topping up.
What you may be looking to do
- Change the funds your plan's invested in.
- Change the amount of money you pay into your plan.
- Adapt your plan to reflect any changes in your employment.
- Stop paying into your plan.
- Move your money to a different plan.
- Take out the money from your plan.
Read about the features of your Stakeholder Pension
- Simple - it's easy to maintain and you can keep paying in even if you change jobs, become self-employed or aren't working.
- Minimum lump sum - you can start your stakeholder pension with as little as £20.
- Maximum charge - Prudential currently applies a maximum charge of 1%. Note that charges may vary and could be higher in the future.
- Flexible payments - you can stop, start, increase or decrease your payments at any time without penalty. Note that charges will still be applied and deducted, and that any changes to your contributions will impact on your benefits at retirement.
- *Tax relief - for every £80 you invest in your pension, the government will pay a further £20. If you earn above the basic rate of tax, you can claim additional tax relief through your tax self-assessment form. See our tax relief calculator for more or read about the tax benefits of saving in a pension. Note that pensions in payment are taxed as earned income.
- Investment choice - you can choose from a wide range of investment options, such as fixed interest securities that are lower risk, to higher risk funds investing in the shares of UK and overseas companies. Find out more by reading your plan literature. Bear in mind the value of your investment may fluctuate and you may not get back your original investment.
- Expertly managed - your funds are managed by Prudential Portfolio Management Group and external leading fund managers.
Review your Stakeholder Pension
For more information about topping up visit your plan website:
Or call us on 0345 070 3333 (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm), calls may be recorded for security or quality purposes, or talk to your employer.
For more general information, see our pension products
*The above is based on our understanding, of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which are liable to change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax relief) depends on individual circumstances.