Your stakeholder pension is a flexible and tax-efficient way of saving for retirement.
And with average life expectancy increasing, saving in a pension and topping it up is a great way to help build up a larger fund for when you retire. Read about the benefits of topping up.
What you may be looking to do:
- Change the funds your plan's invested in.
- Change the amount of money you pay into your plan.
- Adapt your plan to reflect any changes in your employment.
- Stop paying into your plan.
- Move your money to a different plan.
- Take out the money from your plan.
If you’re considering any of these, please look at the links at the bottom of this page.
Remember, if you're thinking of making changes to your plan, including adding more money, it's really important you speak to a financial adviser. They can help you understand if what you want to do is right for you and your aims and circumstances, that may have changed since you took your plan out. They'll be responsible for the advice they give and you'll also have protection from the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Regardless of whether you’ve taken advice, you can refer any matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service for consideration should you feel that you haven't been treated fairly, or for any other aspect under the Financial Ombudsman Services remit.
Read about the features of your Stakeholder Pension
- Simple - it's easy to maintain and you can keep paying in even if you change jobs, become self-employed or aren't working.
- Minimum lump sum - you can start your stakeholder pension with as little as £20.
- Maximum charge - Prudential currently applies a maximum charge of 1%. Note that charges may vary and could be higher in the future.
- Flexible payments - you can stop, start, increase or decrease your payments at any time without penalty. Note that charges will still be applied and deducted, and that any changes to your contributions will impact on your benefits at retirement.
- *Tax relief - for every £80 you invest in your pension, the government will pay a further £20. If you earn above the basic rate of tax, you can claim additional tax relief through your tax self-assessment form. See our Income Tax and Tax Relief Calculator for more or read about the tax benefits of saving in a pension.
- Investment choice - you can choose from a wide range of investment options, such as fixed interest securities that are lower risk, to higher risk funds investing in the shares of UK and overseas companies. Find out more by reading your plan literature. The value of your investment can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you put it.
- Expertly managed - your funds are managed by Prudential Portfolio Management Group and external leading fund managers.
Review your stakeholder pension
Prudential Stakeholder Pension Scheme
If your Stakeholder Pension Scheme is set up through your workplace you can access your Stakeholder Pension Scheme online allowing you to manage your enquiry yourself.
You can see a valuation of your funds, change the funds you invest in, view key documents online, request changes to personal details and send us secure messages.
View your Stakeholder Pension Scheme online.
Alternatively you can call us on 0345 070 3333** (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm) or talk to your employer.
Premier Stakeholder Pension and Premier Group Stakeholder pension
If you are a member of a Premier Stakeholder Pension or Premier Group Stakeholder Pension, you can access our secure online portal, you may be able to manage your product enquiry yourself. Within MyPru you can also check the value of your policy, change personal details, view key documents online and send us secure messages.
View your Premier Stakeholder Pension plan online.
If you are a first time user you will need to register here Create a MyPru Account.
Got any questions on registration or logging in call us on: 0345 601 0150** (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm).
Stakeholder Personal Pension Plan
By accessing MyPru, our secure online portal, you may be able to manage your enquiry yourself or alternatively send us a secure email to deal with your product query.
Within MyPru you can check the value of your policy, change personal details, view key documents online and send us secure messages.
If you have not yet registered for MyPru registration only takes a few minutes - register for MyPru.
Please visit our employer section of the website.
*The above is based on our understanding, of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which are liable to change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax relief) depends on individual circumstances.
**Calls may be recorded for security and quality purposes.