PruFund in 4 minutes
Here's your quick introduction to PruFund...
PruFund in a nutshell
Here's some of the reasons we're proud of PruFund.
- bullet Spreads the risk of your investment over a number of different types of investments such as cash, bonds, property and shares.
- bullet Pools money from all investors - which means greater buying power and gives you exposure to investments you potentially couldn't access as an individual.
- bullet Aims to smooth some of the extreme short-term ups and downs of the markets.
- bullet Is invested in Prudential’s With-Profits fund, which is the largest With-Profits fund in the UK.
There are a number of funds to choose from. Your adviser can recommend the right fund for you. Once you have invested in PruFund you can relax as our team of experts do the hard work for you.
Remember, the value of your investment can go down as well as up, so you might get back less than you put in.
For the range of PruFund funds, what you receive will depend on the value of the underlying investments, the Expected Growth Rates as set by the Prudential Directors, our charges, the smoothing process, if there is a guarantee, and when you take your money out.
We may also decide to reset the unit price of one or more PruFund funds on a particular day, and there may be occasions where we have to suspend the smoothing process for one or more PruFund funds for a period of consecutive days, to protect our With-Profits Fund. On such a day, or during that period, your money would still be invested but you wouldn’t benefit from the smoothing process.
Why choose PruFund?
Our customers choose to invest in PruFund for a number of reasons:
- bullet PruFund gives you access to a wide range of investments, so all of your eggs aren't in one basket.
- bullet Investment costs are spread over many investors.
- bullet PruFund uses an established smoothing process, which aims to smooth some of the extreme short-term ups and downs of markets.
- bullet A choice of funds designed to suit different attitudes to risk and reward.
- bullet Managed by our experts.
- bullet Invested in by over 445,800 customers*.
- bullet Over £43bn currently invested*.
- bullet Available on a range of pensions, drawdowns, investments and ISAs.
* as at Dec 2019