Transfer your existing ISAs to the Prudential ISA
If you hold other ISAs, you can transfer all or some of these to the Prudential ISA to take advantage of what it has to offer.
Before transferring to the Prudential ISA please ensure you have visited the learn and apply page to ensure you understand how the ISA works, the funds available, the charges applied and the risks involved with investing in the ISA. The Prudential ISA is a stocks and shares ISA, we do not offer a cash ISA.
The Prudential ISA is provided by Capita Financial Investments Limited, who are the ISA plan manager. Prudential provides the PruFund funds which are available to you in the ISA.
What you need to know about ISA transfers
- You can transfer some or all of your ISAs from previous tax years to the Prudential ISA without affecting your ISA allowance for the current year.
- If you have already invested in a Stocks & Shares ISA this year you need to transfer the whole amount to the Prudential Stocks & Shares ISA. This is because you can only invest in one Stocks & Shares ISA in a tax year.
- If you are planning to transfer your existing ISA to Prudential you shouldn’t cash them in. Capita Financial Investments Limited (the ISA Plan Manager) will contact your ISA providers, with your permission, to arrange the transfer and send you a confirmation once it’s all done.
- Some ISA managers may charge and/or have a notice period for transferring your ISA.
- When transferring a Stocks and Shares ISA your money won’t be invested during the time it takes to complete. So you won’t benefit from any risk in the price of investments during that period.
Things to consider before you transfer
- Please review the product information given in the learn and apply pages to make sure it is right for you. The Prudential ISA is only suitable if you are comfortable making your own financial decisions. If you are unsure about making investment decisions speak to a financial adviser.
- This is a medium to long term investment so you should be able to invest your money for five to ten years or more.
- You will need to balance the level of risk you are comfortable with taking, against the potential rewards you want to achieve.
- Remember the value of your investment can go down as well as up and may not get back what you put in.
- We strongly recommend you take time to read the important documents so that you understand the risks, charges, terms and conditions involved.
- This is based on our current understanding of current tax legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, both of which may change without notice. Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may vary in the future.
Important documents to read before transferring
These important documents explain the details of the agreement you enter into when you apply for the Prudential ISA.
- Services and Costs Document - More information on any costs and the services provided by Prudential Distribution Limited.
- ISA Terms and Conditions - This contains the terms and conditions of the Prudential ISA.
- Key Features Document - This provides the Key Features of the policy within the Prudential ISA, along with information about the PruFund funds and example illustrations.
- Master Insurance Agreement - This contains the terms and conditions of the Policy within the Prudential ISA. The Policy is a life insurance policy and it’s the way the PruFund funds can be offered within the ISA. The Policy provides a small element of insurance so if you die while you are invested in a PruFund fund(s) within the ISA, the Policy will pay out 100.1% of the value of units, as opposed to 100%. It’s a small benefit and there is no extra charge.
- Your With-Profits Plan - a guide to how we manage the Fund - This is a guide as to how the PruFund funds are managed.
What you'll need to hand
- Your existing ISA plan number(s) and details of your existing ISA manager. Your existing ISA manager will be able to provide it to you if you do not have to hand.
- You will need to print the transfer authority form, sign it and post it to Capita Financial Investments at PO Box 384, Darlington, DL1 9RZ or CAPITA Prudential (no stamp needed). They will then do the rest to arrange the transfer from your existing ISA manager.
- Your National Insurance number.
- The Capita Financial Invesments Limited application allows you to apply for a new lump sum investment or regular saving at the same time as your transfer. If you are also making a lump sum investment or wish to invest monthly, please have your bank details to hand. Capita Financial Investments Limited will keep you informed of what you need as you step through the application.
The ISA transfer process
Click Start Application below which will take you to the Capita Financial Investments Limited website.
Register with Capita Financial Investments Limited and complete the ISA Application form, including the details of any transfers you wish to make. If you are making a transfer, print the transfer authority form and send it to Capita Financial Investments Limited.
Capita Financial Investments Limited will process your ISA application and send you confirmation of your investment.
Get in touch
Talk to us
If you are new to the Prudential ISA and would like to talk to us about the information on our website, please call:
9:00am - 6:00pm, Monday to Friday
Existing Prudential ISA customer
If you would like to talk about an on-going application or are an existing Prudential ISA customer and would like more information on your Prudential ISA plan, please call Capita Financial Investments Limited:
8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday