Our privacy and security statement
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Prudential UK.
The security of your personal information is our highest priority. As this is so important, our website uses an effective encryption system which protects your communications with us and keeps them private.
We regularly change and update our Privacy and Security Statement. Please check back frequently for any updates.
When you complete a quote request, application form or enter details on our MyPru portal your personal information is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Version 3 with up to 168 bit encryption keys (depending on your web browser). This encryption stops someone else reading your personal information while it’s in transit. On the website, you will see a padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen which confirms you are in a secure area. Your personal information will also be protected on our internal systems with secure firewalls and other measures to prevent any unauthorised access.
How we use your personal information
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information seriously.
This Privacy and Security Statement (along with our cookie notice and the terms and conditions of the product or service you hold or are considering purchasing) summarises the way that any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read this Privacy and Security Statement carefully to understand how we process your personal information. For a full explanation of how we process your personal information please visit the MyData page.
You may give us your personal information when you apply for any of our products or services, contact us by phone, email or when you register to use the MyPru portal. You may also give us this personal information when you contract (or intend to contract) with us for any of our products or services.
We may share your personal information with the Prudential Group and our Marketing Partners and Business Partners for the purposes set out below.
We, the Prudential Group and our Business Partners and Marketing Partners will use the personal information you provide to us, together with other information, for the following purposes:
- the administration of our products and services (including providing and administering the MyPru portal and this website), including to enable us to perform our obligations to you and to provide any relevant services as discussed with you prior to any purchase of a product or service
- complying with any regulatory or other legal requirements
- carrying out checks using agencies such as credit reference agencies, tracing companies, or publicly available information for example to verify your identity
- the provision of customer services - like to reply to a question, or tell you that something’s changing
- automated decision-making or profiling
- keeping your personal information on record and carrying out other internal business administration
In addition, we, the Prudential Group, and our Marketing Partners, may use the personal information you provide to us, together with other information, to send you direct marketing offers by electronic and non-electronic means including by post, as well as sending you introductions to products and services from carefully selected third parties also by post.
Further information can be found at the MyData page.
You're in control
When it comes to how we use your personal information, you’ve got the right to:
- request a copy of your personal information for free (although we may charge you for this if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive)
- in certain circumstances request that we move your personal information to another organisation
- request that we correct anything that’s wrong, or complete any incomplete personal information
- ask us to delete your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes above or if there is no other legal basis for the processing
- limit how we use your personal information or withdraw your consents (including automated decision making) for the processing of your personal information
- object to us using your personal information for direct marketing (including related profiling) or other processing based on legitimate interests
- complain to a data protection authority or another independent regulator about how we’re using your personal information.
If you want to do any of these things, or would like an explanation of any of these rights you can get in touch by:
- Writing to us at: Customer Service Centre, Prudential, Lancing, BN15 8GB
- Calling us on: 0800 000 000
Please note that if you wish to exercise your right to obtain a copy of your personal information, you will need to complete this form and send it to us at Data Protection Operations Team, Prudential, Lancing, BN15 8GB. If you don't have access to a printer, please email us at email@example.com to request a printed copy that you can complete and post back to us at the Lancing address above.
Please note, we may monitor or record calls of any other communications we have with you. This might be for training, for security or help us check for quality.
This website has also implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting so we can monitor the visits to our site. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
For Prudential International Assurance customers only
Prudential International Assurance plc, part of the Prudential Group, is required by Irish Revenue to report the following information for Common Reporting Standards purposes if, and when, we’re required to under Irish law. Irish Revenue may transfer this information to the government of another jurisdiction under an inter-governmental agreement;
- Reportable Individual Account Holders - name, address, jurisdiction(s) of residence, Tax Identification Number(s), date of birth, account number, account balance/surrender values
- Reportable Entity Account Holders - name, address, jurisdiction(s) of residence, Tax Identification Number (s), account number, account balance/surrender values
- Reportable Controlling Persons of Passive Non-Financial Entities (PNFE's) - name, address, jurisdiction(s) of residence, Tax Identification Number(s) of the PNFE and the name, address, jurisdiction(s) of residence, Tax Identification Number (s), date of birth of each controlling person, the account number, account balance/surrender values.
Any transfer of personal information will always be done securely.
The Prudential Group of Companies
Prudential UK means The Prudential Assurance Company Limited, Prudential Distribution Limited, Prudential Life Time Mortgages Limited, Prudential Pensions Limited, and Prudential Financial Planning Limited as appropriate
The Prudential Group means any affiliates of Prudential UK (including, Prudential International Assurance plc, Prudential plc, Prudential Services Limited, PGDS (UK ONE) Limited, Prudential Global Services Private Limited, Prudential Corporation Asia, Jackson National Life and PPM America, Inc. M&G Investments Group, and Prudential Corporate Pensions Trustee Limited.
Business Partners means our service providers, accountants, auditors, IT service and platform providers, intermediaries, reinsurers, retrocessionaires, investment managers, agents, pension trustees (and other stakeholders), scheme advisors, introducers, selected third party financial and insurance product providers, and our legal advisers.
Marketing Partners means our service providers, intermediaries, pension trustees (and other stakeholders), scheme advisors, introducers and selected third party financial and insurance product providers.