Our Privacy and Security Statement
'We', 'us' and 'our' means Prudential UK.
The security of your personal information is our highest priority. As this is so important, our website uses an effective encryption system which protects your communications with us and keeps them private.
We regularly change and update our Privacy and Security Statement. Please check back frequently for any updates.
When you complete a quote request, application form or enter details on our MyPru or
Read more about keeping your personal information secure while online in general.
How we use your personal information
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information seriously.
This Privacy and Security Statement (along with our cookie notice and the terms and conditions of the product or service you hold or are considering purchasing) summarises the way that any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read this Privacy and Security Statement carefully to understand how we process your personal information. For a full explanation of how we process your personal information please visit the MyData page.
You may give us your personal information when you apply for any of our products or services, contact us by phone, email or when you register to use the MyPru or
We may share your personal information with the Prudential Group and our Marketing Partners and Business Partners for the purposes set out below.
We, the Prudential Group and our Business Partners and Marketing Partners, will use the personal information you provide to us, together with other personal information, for the following purposes:
- The administration of our products and services (including providing and administering the MyPru and
PruRetireportal), including to enable us to perform our obligations to you and to provide any relevant services as discussed with you prior to any purchase of a product or service.
- Complying with any regulatory or other legal requirements.
- Carrying out checks using agencies such as credit reference agencies, tracing companies, or publicly available information for example to verify your identity.
- The provision of customer services - like to reply to a question, or tell you that something's changing.
- Automated decision-making or profiling.
- Keeping your personal information on record and carrying out other internal business administration.
In addition, we, the Prudential Group, and our Marketing Partners, may use the personal information you provide to us, together with other information, to send you direct marketing offers by electronic and non-electronic means including by post, as well as sending you introductions to products and services from carefully selected third parties also by post.
Further information can be found at the MyData page.
You're in control
When it comes to how we use your personal information, you've got the right to:
- request a copy of your personal information for free (although we may charge you for this if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive)
- in certain circumstances request that we move your personal information to another organisation
- request that we correct anything that's wrong, or complete any incomplete personal information
- ask us to delete your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes above or if there is no other legal basis for the processing
- limit how we use your personal information or withdraw your consents (including automated decision making) for the processing of your personal information
- object to us using your personal information for direct marketing (including related profiling) or other processing based on legitimate interests
- complain to a data protection authority or another independent regulator about how we're using your personal information.
If you want to do any of these things, or would like an explanation of any of these rights you can get in touch by:
- Writing to us at: Customer Service Centre, Prudential, Lancing, BN15 8GB
- Calling us
on:0800 000 000
Please note that if you wish to exercise your right to obtain a copy of your personal information, you will need to complete this form and send it to us at Data Protection Operations Team, Prudential, Lancing, BN15 8GB.
Please note, we may monitor or record calls of any other communications we have with you. This might be for training, for security or help us check for quality.
By dismissing this statement or by continuing to browse our site you agree to use
The Prudential Group of Companies
Prudential UK means The Prudential Assurance Company Limited, Prudential Distribution Limited, Prudential Life Time Mortgages Limited, Prudential Pensions Limited, and Prudential Financial Planning Limited as appropriate.
The Prudential Group means any affiliates of Prudential UK (including, Prudential International Assurance plc, Prudential plc, Prudential Services Limited, PGDS (UK ONE) Limited, Prudential Global Services Private Limited, Prudential Corporation Asia, Jackson National Life and PPM America, Inc. M&G Investments Group, and Prudential Corporate Pensions Trustee Limited.
Business Partners means our service providers, accountants, auditors, IT service and platform providers, intermediaries, reinsurers,
Marketing Partners means our service providers, intermediaries, pension trustees (and other stakeholders), scheme advisors, introducers and selected