Prudential's Independent Governance Committee
To make sure we offer customers value for money, like all who offer workplace contract-based plans, we answer to an independent group called the Independent Governance Committee (IGC). This group of people represent your interests and acts on your behalf by watching over what we do, and how we do it.
Information from the IGC
- Read the latest Chairman's report
- Read our Chairman's previous reports:
- 2019 Chairman's Report
- 2018 Chairman's Report
- 2017 Chairman's Report
- Find out more about the impact of costs and charges on your investments.
- You’ll find out more about our IGC’s responsibilities, in the committee's terms of reference
- Leave us some feedback - tell us what you want from the IGC
What the independent committee does
- Where pension plans have a default investment, the committee makes sure the default option is the best it can be
- It looks at the various investment strategies we adopt to make sure they are reasonable
- It questions how we administer plans to make sure we process transactions quickly and correctly
- It examines the charges we pass to customers and what it costs us to invest in our various funds.
- To consider Prudential's policies and practices in relation to Environmental, Social and Governance issues (ESG) and to listen to members concerns
- Assess the value offered by Investment Pathway solutions for pension drawdown
The committee's principles
- To act solely in customers' interests
- To assess, and where needed, challenge Prudential Assurance Company to make sure our pension plans offer value for money. As part of this, the committee produces an annual report of opinion about how well we have performed
More information from Prudential:
Read “Your Questions Answered”
The people behind our IGC
Our IGC members were chosen for their experience, interest, skill, knowledge and high industry profile.
Our Chairman has devoted his life to making financial services work for everyone. We have two current chairs of large national financial services bodies, and we also benefit from the expertise and wisdom of members from the worlds of investment strategy, asset management, actuarial and law.
Our current IGC members:
Make an enquiry using our secure online mailing service.